Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Videos

I just finished the 23 Things lesson on videos. I've been a regular visitor to YouTube for some time now and I love it - it makes me feel optimistic about the human race! When I watch the news or read the newspaper the stories are so often negative and horrible - war, crime, injustice... Gets me down sometimes, makes me feel a bit cynical about human nature! So it's so lovely to see hundreds and thousands of people putting up schmaltzy YouTube videos about their pets, loved ones, hobbies, or just doing frivolous, inventive, creative things. Balances out all the nastiness a bit!

In relation to libraries, I thought the idea of video book reviews was espec. exciting! Maybe one day eLibCat could host videos of patrons doing book reviews! You could search for a book and watch different reviews of it before ordering it for yourself or grabbing it off the shelves :-)

I'll leave you with another YouTube video of one of my favourite comedians - Dylan Moran - doing part of a standup routine.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

He's good! I'll have to find some more of his stuff. I like Eddie Izzard, he's brilliant.